Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

EGGS EGGS EGGS & OATS








So of course oatmeal is a staple of my diet.  AND egg whites are as well.  SO, with that being said I thought hmmm...I'll COMBINE both. So Oatmeal + Egg whites= YUM.   I love love love oatmeal so much. So I'm pretty lucky that I actually like it and the texture doesn't bother me.  But for all you texture people out there oatmeal can be a real Buuuuuust. Egg whites are a great source of protein and no fat and like 1gram of carb. Eggs in general have alot of benefits. They are great for your eyes as well as hair & nails.  They contain essential amino acids also. So, just recently I tried this concoction. Super tasty.  I already mix oatmeal with various fruits and cinnamon. Cinnamon spice can help with digestion. I have to change it up constantly because it can definitely get boring. So, with this do 1/2cup to 3/4cup oatmeal & 1 to 1.5 servings of egg whites which adds only 30-45 cals & 6-9 extra grams of protein & then add water on top of that. Pop it in the microwave. For some sweetness I add some drops of Stevia, or a couple packets of purevia.  A super good way to add in some extra protein. 

Other ideas for breakfast oatmeal:
PB&J oatmeal!! super Delish...add a tsp or so of each (I don't use full sugar jelly)
Pumpkin pie oatmeal...2 tbsp. of canned pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, & sweetener of choice
Apple Pie oatmeal....chopped up apple slices, apple pie spice, cool whip free
Sappy Oatmeal- oatmeal & light syrup
Punchy Protein Oatmeal- Oatmeal with protein powder (I use bsn lean dessert cinnamon bun flavor)
Raisin vanillalious Oatmeal- oats with  1/2 tsp. of vanilla flavoring, raisins, dash of brown sugar
Any Fruit of choice 
Lavish oatmeal is pretty good..Just have to make sure you add the right amount of water 





  until next time... XOXOXO      
                                              Jamie



No comments:

Post a Comment